Saturday, April 19, 2008

That’s all she wrote



I have terminated from Heavenly the teaching season is over. Boulder Base is closed and this weekend is the last weekend for the Nevada side of the mountain with California saying open until May 4th. What a great season it was. The best part for me was my ability to ski and teach all day 6+ hours as hard as I could. My back felt better when I was skiing several days in a row. Exercise in general is so important for those of us that have had back surgery. The more I move the better it feels. January brought so much powder. It was a dream come true to be skiing all my favorite runs and getting face shots one right after the other. Now it’s mud season the ground is coming up and I will be riding my spinning bike to get ready to saddle up and get back into the mountains on my mountain bike once the snow is gone. I hope to get back on my road bike this year, as it has been more difficult due to positioning vs my mt bike. In June after school gets out I will be going down to Shell beach to ride my bikes and get a way can’t wait but until then I need to keep moving it makes me feel so much better.

No comments: