Monday, January 21, 2008

Feels So Good


My back feels so good when I am skiing. I’m not sure what it is if it is the exercise, or the position I get my hips in when I am skiing but I feel so good during and after a hard day of skiing. I feel better after a day of skiing then I do after a hard day at school teaching APE. I am back truly back to where I was before I broke my back.

Today I tried out a few new skis on the market, I’m trying to figure out what it is that I like and don’t like in a ski. I would love a ski that works well in all conditions but I know that is asking way too much. I now have a good powder ski and I really need an all mountain ski that can work in crud and off peest conditions but I love a good carving ski for hard snow conditions and groomers. So what I need is really 3 pairs of skis. That’s what I have now and I don’t think I can get away from it. What a better way to spend the extra money I am making at Heavenly but adding to my quiver. Then my problem is what ski to take out. Boy have come a long way from worrying if I had enough pain meds to get me out of the house to what ski I will need to rip up the mountain on. I love my artificial disc.

No comments: