Monday, December 31, 2007

Team Pink


I have worked for Heavenly everyday but 2 since school got out on the 22. I am really putting my body to the test. Teaching upper levels is much easier then the assignment I was given a few days ago, 6 kids ranging from the age of 4-9 mostly 5-6 for 6 hours. Most of then were never-evers on skis and did not know how to stop or turn. I had them all by myself all day and to top it off they were Spanish speaking and I only know how to order a beer in Spanish. We had a great time but it was brutally hard work on my body. By the end of the day I had all but 2 turning and stopping. I took my luck and went out of the forest (the children’s area) and headed for the chairlift. With 2 on a bamboo pole and one with an edge wedge (a device that holds the tips of the skis together) we made it down to the first corner of the run with only one kid in the fencing that is what it is there for. I practiced a bit of “tough love” to let them know how important and serious this was to stay in control. They all made it down the hill and I was able to get one of them off the pole and only had the 4 years old that I had to hang on to. I was a bit worried about how my body was going to take it, I had a wild snowmobile ride out to the forest and the guy bounced me up into the air and I landed hard on my butt. I have not fallen yet and I put myself in the hands of some stupid driver and he hurts my hip. I am feeling much better 2 days later and have even worked the last 2-day. But now I’m off for a few days unless I get called in on a privet request. Tonight I am going out to a 10 course New Years Eve dinner with friends. Happy New Years everyone see you next year.

No comments: