Monday, February 04, 2008

Snow Snow and More Snow

I have lived in this house for over 10 years now and have never seen this much snow ever. The height of winter usually comes in the middle to the end of Feb. Never this much snow at the end of Jan. We have another month to go. What is up with the weather. It is so sad to think of all the babies in China that are suffering from the cold when I am out playing in it. My prayers are with all of them in China.
After teaching for 6 hours Saturday in quite the snowstorm. I had all the intentions on making the first chair up the mountain at 8:30. We woke to 2+ feet of snow on top of the all ready 5 feet of snow blanketing the ground. We had to throw a treat out the doggie door to get Lilly to venture out and do her morning duty.

First was to finish fixing the snow blower. It locked up on Friday and by Saturday night it was in about 100 pieces on the floor of the garage. Thank you Will for finding the answer.
The mountain was on a delay so we started to shovel, bow and dig our way out. Starting with the drive way.
No Mom you go first
opps the back window was open and all my school PE equipment full of snow too
The front door, somewhere
My bedroom slider
Where is the 6 foot fence
Hot tub
back deck and the 2 sheds won't be getting anything from there for a while
backyard
Snow blowing
sticking to the path she is one smart girl
Everyone needs a place to sit out side. This back deck is the sunny spot of the house

By the time we got dug out the mountain opened at 10:00 I was trembling with excitement the snow was so light and living only down the street from the lifts we were guaranteed some fresh tracks. We were at the rope when they opened the upper mountain and had first tracks down Little Dipper chair line. So wish the camera was out I got a bit forward and did a forward roll and landed in a seated position with my skis pointed down the hill ready to go again. First fall of the year and just made me giggle. Then they opened Motts Canyon a double black diamond. This is some of the steepest runs on the mountain. All I can say was it was incredible. Powder shooting over my head, a day you can only dream about for a skier like me. I will post the video once You-Tube is back up and running.
Finished off with a hot tub and enough time to watch the 4th quarter of the Supper Bowl.

No comments: